Monday, June 3, 2013

Catching up!


Hi all!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Wow. It's June! Unbelievable. In the past couple weeks/months, we have been busy, busy!

We just completed a teacher training alongside Soul Yoga and Yoga Story. It was an incredible 10 days. I feel like no words adequately do it justice. It was an intense, powerful and I'm even going to say transformational training with lots of growth.

When I first decided to open Maitri I had no plan. I never thought I would teach yoga, much less open up a yoga studio. It all just happened. This is the biggest risk I believe I have ever taken. Opening a business is SCARY. Let me tell you. I  didn't know if anyone would show up, ever, much less want to share Maitri with me.

My hope was to share yoga with everyone I possibly could, not matter what. That hope grew into wanting to share it with other teachers, people, facilitators making it a place for people to come in and really let go. I imagined it to be not only a yoga studio, but a community and guess what... everything I hoped for, everything I imagined it to be... it's so much more than that. It's more than I could have ever dreamed into being myself.

People have not only embraced it, they want to share it. With the realization of this, I balled my eyes out (naturally). This past week, I had new teachers teaching and it was really wonderful to see them get up and share what the love. It's really quite amazing to watch people share something that is deep inside their hearts.

Passion is a wonderful thing. Sharing it is a beautiful thing.

I will try to keep you all more regularly updated with all that is going on at Maitri. Stop by and say hi!

Have a wonderful day! Happy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment